Friday, December 23, 2011

Voyeur Fridays - Breakfast at Tiffany's Brownstone Goes on Sale


Breakfast at Tiffany's is one of my favorite movies. I'm not one of those clich├ęd Audrey Hepburn fans who posts iconic shots of the actress up around her room. I never bought into the "classy and fabulous" aesthetic, because nobody can do it quite like Audrey, and quite frankly, I prefer a bit of edginess to break up traditional ideals of style and beauty. This does not, however, mean that I didn't squeal when I saw this headline on the news today. I love BaT. I love the Holly Golightly character and her irreverent attitude. I always cry when she sings "Moon River" on the ledge of that great, old brownstone window. I can't help but get emotional every time Cat comes running back into her arms, proving to everyone just how similar she and her owner are. And if I had $5.85 million to spare, I would spend it in a heartbeat just to own a piece of cinematic history. Wouldn't you?






 {via}

2 comments:

  1. such a dream home!! lovely :) thanks for sharing, cutest blog ever

    love kat

    www.paperdolltheory.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ★I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, dear! Love, Vicky★



    new post: click here
    follow me

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup!